jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Best Gift Ideas for Boys Ages 5-7

1. Maddie Ruud profile image79
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Best Gift Ideas for Boys Ages 5-7

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

Here are a few gift ideas for 5, 6, or 7 year old.

1.  A bigger bike.  Kids learn to ride a bike at 3 or 4 and tend to out grow it by the time they are five or six.  Hook him up with a new ride.  Often times used bikes are very inexpensive on craigslist.  Look for something with a 16 inch wheelbase.

2. This is the age that boys take interests in sports.  Baseball mit, bat, and balls make a great gift.  Hockey stick if he's Canadian, and soccer ball if they come from just about any other part of the world.

3.  A puppy.  Better clear it with the parents first, but this is an age where kids can feed a dog and do a little work.  Give the kid a dose of responsibility. (Note: Please don't give our kids pets).

4.  Books.  My favorite book is Where the Red Fern Grows.  Buy it, sign it, and then read it to him.  Boys love this book.  Then follow it up by watching the movie with popcorn and candy.

5. Weapons.  Boys at this age tend to turn just about anything into a weapon.  Nerf guns, soft spears, perhaps blow darts will surely be enjoyed by most boys.  Be prepared.  They will most likely shoot you, eachother, pets and cars.  Trust me.  (Note:  Have to know the parents for this one.  Many don't like anything to do with guns and violence, but when I was a kid, I loved this stuff).

3. Ladybird33 profile image50
    Ladybird33posted 8 years ago

interactive games, like the checkers (believe it or not, they love to learn it), memory game (to this age group, not the little one).  My son is six and he loves the GI Joe's, the old version but plays with them an army men al ot.  We play a lot of games too.  I hope this helps, Transformers are good too, because you have to work to transform them.  Good luck.

4. A2shley profile image58
    A2shleyposted 8 years ago

My nephew is crazy about Bakugan...they're action figures with trading cards.  I think it's based off a TV show.  I can't get him to talk about anything else.  He also loves the outdoors and animals.  A fishing pole and a bird house/feeder have both been big hits.

5. daisyjae profile image80
    daisyjaeposted 7 years ago

I always say books or art supplies, kids can never have too many of these.  My boys are into lego, Pokemon cards, or anything to do with hockey or soccer. It helps if you know what they are into.

working