Here are a few gift ideas for 5, 6, or 7 year old.
1. A bigger bike. Kids learn to ride a bike at 3 or 4 and tend to out grow it by the time they are five or six. Hook him up with a new ride. Often times used bikes are very inexpensive on craigslist. Look for something with a 16 inch wheelbase.
2. This is the age that boys take interests in sports. Baseball mit, bat, and balls make a great gift. Hockey stick if he's Canadian, and soccer ball if they come from just about any other part of the world.
3. A puppy. Better clear it with the parents first, but this is an age where kids can feed a dog and do a little work. Give the kid a dose of responsibility. (Note: Please don't give our kids pets).
4. Books. My favorite book is Where the Red Fern Grows. Buy it, sign it, and then read it to him. Boys love this book. Then follow it up by watching the movie with popcorn and candy.
5. Weapons. Boys at this age tend to turn just about anything into a weapon. Nerf guns, soft spears, perhaps blow darts will surely be enjoyed by most boys. Be prepared. They will most likely shoot you, eachother, pets and cars. Trust me. (Note: Have to know the parents for this one. Many don't like anything to do with guns and violence, but when I was a kid, I loved this stuff).
interactive games, like the checkers (believe it or not, they love to learn it), memory game (to this age group, not the little one). My son is six and he loves the GI Joe's, the old version but plays with them an army men al ot. We play a lot of games too. I hope this helps, Transformers are good too, because you have to work to transform them. Good luck.
My nephew is crazy about Bakugan...they're action figures with trading cards. I think it's based off a TV show. I can't get him to talk about anything else. He also loves the outdoors and animals. A fishing pole and a bird house/feeder have both been big hits.
I always say books or art supplies, kids can never have too many of these. My boys are into lego, Pokemon cards, or anything to do with hockey or soccer. It helps if you know what they are into.
by manjubose5 7 years ago
What are the best gift ideas for lonely aged people?
by manjubose5 7 years ago
Best gift ideas for teen girls this year
by LoganG 7 years ago
What are some gift ideas for people who don't need more clutter?My parents have too much stuff around the house. Any gift ideas?
by Jason Menayan 6 years ago
Gift Ideas for Green Card PartyA friend just got her Green Card and wants to celebrate. She's not a US Citizen (yet), so not sure what to give her.
by Anamika S Jain 7 years ago
Gift Ideas for small girls
by james0211 7 years ago
A ball of string.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|