Here are a few gift ideas for 5, 6, or 7 year old.
1. A bigger bike. Kids learn to ride a bike at 3 or 4 and tend to out grow it by the time they are five or six. Hook him up with a new ride. Often times used bikes are very inexpensive on craigslist. Look for something with a 16 inch wheelbase.
2. This is the age that boys take interests in sports. Baseball mit, bat, and balls make a great gift. Hockey stick if he's Canadian, and soccer ball if they come from just about any other part of the world.
3. A puppy. Better clear it with the parents first, but this is an age where kids can feed a dog and do a little work. Give the kid a dose of responsibility. (Note: Please don't give our kids pets).
4. Books. My favorite book is Where the Red Fern Grows. Buy it, sign it, and then read it to him. Boys love this book. Then follow it up by watching the movie with popcorn and candy.
5. Weapons. Boys at this age tend to turn just about anything into a weapon. Nerf guns, soft spears, perhaps blow darts will surely be enjoyed by most boys. Be prepared. They will most likely shoot you, eachother, pets and cars. Trust me. (Note: Have to know the parents for this one. Many don't like anything to do with guns and violence, but when I was a kid, I loved this stuff).
interactive games, like the checkers (believe it or not, they love to learn it), memory game (to this age group, not the little one). My son is six and he loves the GI Joe's, the old version but plays with them an army men al ot. We play a lot of games too. I hope this helps, Transformers are good too, because you have to work to transform them. Good luck.
My nephew is crazy about Bakugan...they're action figures with trading cards. I think it's based off a TV show. I can't get him to talk about anything else. He also loves the outdoors and animals. A fishing pole and a bird house/feeder have both been big hits.
I always say books or art supplies, kids can never have too many of these. My boys are into lego, Pokemon cards, or anything to do with hockey or soccer. It helps if you know what they are into.
by manjubose56 years ago
What are the best gift ideas for lonely aged people?
by manjubose56 years ago
Best gift ideas for teen girls this year
by LoganG6 years ago
What are some gift ideas for people who don't need more clutter?My parents have too much stuff around the house. Any gift ideas?
by james02116 years ago
A ball of string.
by Anamika S6 years ago
Gift Ideas for small girls
by Alayne Fenasci3 years ago
What are some romantic Valentine's gift ideas for husbands/boyfriends?There are tons of gift ideas out there for women. But what about for men? I know there's the regular stuff like ties, socks, electronics, or sports...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.