jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do teachers make more of a difference than parents?

1. Mrbusyness profile image56
    Mrbusynessposted 8 years ago

Do teachers make more of a difference than parents?

With the amount of time that parents spend with children vs. the time spent by teachers with the same child....who has more pull?

2. Lady_E profile image77
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

The parents will always have more pull. Teachers help support parents in the upbringing/education of the kids.

I think the only time teachers make more difference than parents is when the parents have serious problems. E.g being addicted to drugs, alcoholics etc these situations prevent them from being a good parent.

3. csd1509 profile image70
    csd1509posted 8 years ago

Because the child is most of the day in the teacher's care,  i think the teacher has a big influence on the child plus the teacher can see things the parents can't and vise verca. If the child's not happy @ home he will not participate in calss, be... read more

4. profile image51
    spharrodposted 8 years ago

Yes I think they do. I was a teacher and most of my students were raising themselves.  With our society it takes two parents to be able to support one child.  Having children isn't the same as it was even 25 years ago. Now people are really waiting until they can afford it, or at least most people do.  The teacher does get more pull in some cases because the teacher has support of a system.  Parents sometimes do not get any support or a back up system.  Also a child will look to an outsider or another objective opinion in order for what ever is needed to be provided.  The children are now dictating to us what they want and think they need so therefore society listens to them. It is hard for a parent to enforce how they would like that child to be brought up. I hope this made some sense.

working