jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it time to potty train?

1. pageantgirl31413 profile image80
    pageantgirl31413posted 8 years ago

Is it time to potty train?

My son is 16 months and he has shown an increased interest in daddy going to the restroom. He also is taking off his pants and diapers constantly. It seems a little early but in my family, we have all potty trained early. I was trained but 14 months. Should I start or just use a lot of duct tape to keep his diaper on?

2. cindyleedavis profile image56
    cindyleedavisposted 8 years ago

If your son is showing interest in going to the potty then now is the time to introduce him to the potty chair. Sit him down on it when he takes his diaper off. Take him in there with daddy and yourself. He is already beginning to learn..have fun, good luck.

3. mannersplease profile image56
    mannerspleaseposted 8 years ago

I started at 14 months with my guy and he is still working on it.  When they get older you really have to let them take the lead.  A helpful book 'Diaper Free Before Three'.
    Just think about cleaning less poopy diapers and you will be motivated!

4. nasus loops profile image70
    nasus loopsposted 7 years ago

Potty training can be started as soon as they show an interest.  My son was dry at 18months and asking to use the potty.  He then developed a tummy bug which reversed the who situation (this is not uncommon), so he was put back in nappies for our own and his sanity.  Then at 2 years 4months he finally decided that nappies were for babies and he wanted big boy pants on, and we haven't looked back.

Go choose a potty with your son and let him lead you.  If he is ready you will know, but don't push him into it as this can lead to other problems which can easily be avoided at this early stage.

Closed to reply

working