jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you know your toddler who can tell you everything is ready to potty train

1. Beingbbw profile image56
    Beingbbwposted 6 years ago

How do you know your toddler who can tell you everything is ready to potty train?

how do you figure out if your toddler who knows his words and can say almost everything apart from when he's pee'd or pooped himself is ready to potty train? He insists pee and poo goes on the floor or in the nappy and all attempts to teach him otherwise don't seem to be working. Is he ready but don't want to do it at the right place or he just isn't ready?

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

I always knew mine were ready when they started removing their diapers after they used them.

3. Lisa HW profile image74
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I wrote a Hub on some of the readiness issues some children can have.  The title is, "Toilet Training - Re-Thinking Your Potty Training Approach with Reluctant Two- and Three-Year-Olds," and it can be found by search searching my content on my profile page.  I don't know if we're supposed to put links to Hubs here or not.  (One of these days I ought to look into it.  hmm  )

I'm not "pushing" the Hub.  It's just that it's all written, and there's not enough space here.  smile

4. hobbynob profile image79
    hobbynobposted 6 years ago

It's a control issue a lot of the time; let go of some of the control and he'll do it himself if he's that smart. just be more of a guide.

For a laugh see my hub

http://hobbynob.hubpages.com/hub/Gueril … ll-Pay-Off

working