jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

At what age did your baby start walking?

1. anniehege profile image59
    anniehegeposted 8 years ago

At what age did your baby start walking?

I have 3 and the 1st walked at her 1st birthday, the 2nd walked at 11 months and my third walked at 10 months.  I would like to know what the average age is of the children of everyone I come in contact with.

2. profile image45
    ola1976posted 8 years ago

every baby has  deffreint age to walk  i have 5 each was deffreint  but its between 10 month to 13 month

3. tmom profile image59
    tmomposted 8 years ago

I have two daughters, the first walked at 8 1/2 mos because I prodded her as soon as she started to pull up, the second at 1 year.

4. Karen N profile image60
    Karen Nposted 7 years ago

My first walked at 13 months and my second at 9 months.

5. furnitureman profile image59
    furnituremanposted 6 years ago

In my experience as a father of six children, there is really no standard age for your question. My eldest son started walking when he was 15 months, while my third child walked at 8 months yet. I think massaging the legs of the child helps. My wife used to do that, but even then, they walked on different ages. Thanks and more power. May God bless you.

6. your cybersister profile image60
    your cybersisterposted 6 years ago

My children all walked rather late.  My oldest son walked just before his first birthday, the middle son and youngest son were each 14 months and 10 days old before they walked.  Once they started they were all pretty steady - it made me wonder if they practiced in their cribs when I was asleep.