Are you a "helicopter parent" and why?

1. At The Bus Stop profile image59
    At The Bus Stopposted 8 years ago

Are you a "helicopter parent" and why?

I work at an elementary school and see lots of hovering parents.  Do you think in the long run your are helping or hurting your child achieve independence and stability in his/her life?

2. Ann Nonymous profile image61
    Ann Nonymousposted 8 years ago

I realize this question is directed at parents but I thought I might take a second to answer it considering I am what many individuals would considered a victim of a "helicopter" parent. As for myself I don’t see it that way. I have, quite frankly, thought it a bit suffocating at times, but if the child has a strong personality, a healthy relationship with God, a good dose of self-esteem, and a very loving, open and honest relationship with his or her parents they will hopefully see their parents over-protectiveness as a blessing being far too many parents in this generation neglect not only their duty but their privilege. Of course I am older than an elementary student but even than I would like to think I was thankful for a watchful eye….
    I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but.....interesting question anyways!

working