Could use some advice?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)
  1. Lindalee34 profile image59
    Lindalee34posted 14 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and starting to learn Hub pages, so I saw this forum and decided to ask for some advice on a sticky situation.  I can't really give out names since I do have to respect everyone's privacy .  So to start off I have an Uncle who is in the music industry so I am on Personal Assistant on the side to his girlfriend.  So I have had the opportunity to work with and meet some very big names in the entertainment field. 

One of my really close friends started talking to one of our local Meteorologists on Face book and got along with him really well, and he was able to be a great friend to him and offer him some really good advice.  The Meteorologist basically had some other dreams besides the weather and my friend told him that I knew another really big name in the entertainment industry and that he should talk to me.  So we had a local event which I had gone to and got a chance to speak to the Meteorologist and instantly he was very nice, easy to speak with.  So after sometime I had his permission to talk to my entertainment friend which I did and I had the opportunity to have lunch and find out more of the Meterologist's ideas.  So I had gotten to go to Los Angeles for my b-day which this is where things fell apart.  While my entertainment friend's girlfriend was showing me the sites of LA, my entertainment friend decided to use my laptop and email the Meteorologist and find out all his dreams and got kind of nosy with him.  So basically the day I was getting ready to fly back home the Meteorologist emailed me saying he knew I was emailing him and just totally flipped out saying he would have the news station find out info and stuff and it threw me a total curve ball.  Thing is my entertainment friend felt it was no big deal for him to be emailing on my laptop, but he has not made one attempt to set the record straight with the Meteorologist and he is angry with me and thinks I played games with him? 

Now when I came back home I talked to my friend who was the one to start talking to the Meteorologist and he had messaged him trying to set the record straight which obviously did not happen and for awhile they stopped talking, now they have been back to talking on Face book but the Meteorologist is still angry with me.  Normally I am the kind of person to just move on, but to get accused of doing something I haven't to me is unfair and this is a person I highly respect.  Anyone have any advice as to how to handle this issue.  Part of me wants to just face this head on and have my say but then again these people are in the media on a daily basis?  Any advice would be much appreciated.  I feel stupid for posting this, because it almost feels like a high school issue.

Thank you
    Linda smile

2. profile image57
    Blackngoldbananaposted 14 years ago

I don't know how much help I could be, but I sure understand how you feel.  Being accused of something I didn't do pi**es me off more than anything.  I just get instantly mad.

I would apologize to the meteorologist...but not for what you said or emailed to him, but for breaching confidentiality so to speak by letting your nosy friend have access to your laptop.  That is really your only "sin" in this whole matter.

I would also ask him for an apology.  Just say, "I've apologized, now its your turn to say you are sorry for thinking bad things about me."  You are giving him an opportunity to redeem himself a little (he's probably acting weird because he is embarrassed by his own behavior).  If he apologizes, you can start building your friendship again, if not, tell him maybe you can meet up again and be friends when he has matured a little.

Hope this helps...?

1. Lindalee34 profile image59
      Lindalee34posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That helps me out a lot more than you realize.  Thank you so much! smile  I feel like such a dork for even trusting my LA friend with the Laptop, but I trusted in him, he should have known better being in the entertainment industry.

3. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

I apologize to say this, but "How old are you?". What school did you pass through that allowed you to use "so" at the beginning of a sentence? Not to be condemning, to say the least, but you need to move on, or elsewhere with this story. Your photo does not match the question you are presenting to something my 8 year old daughter would question years ago.......

4. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

If someone is angry at you for something you didn't do then just forget about him. He's not worth your time. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's easier to just forget about him, not worth it.

Come to think of it, all the meterologists and anchormen I've ever met have been extremely shallow men. I've met a lot of them to base that off of.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)