jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My husband has a drinking problem we have been married for 28 yrs our children a

1. profile image46
    stacyheleneposted 8 years ago

My husband has a drinking problem we have been married for 28 yrs our children are grown and...

have there there own lives . we have lived in Minnesota together for 30 years my support system lives in Montana if I leave him and moved to montana am i still entitled to half of everything once I file for divorce

2. TheSituation profile image68
    TheSituationposted 8 years ago

It depends on the laws in your state..i.e. in Minnesota.  You will for sure want to talk to an attorney prior to making any decisions.

3. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I'm in Australia - our laws would apply no matter where you moved to. In the States, it will be different.  Seeing a lawyer is your only sensible option.

4. maewallace22 profile image60
    maewallace22posted 8 years ago

Maybe you should should file before you move.Have everything in motion.In some cases if you own a home or other properties you may have to sell them and you each would get half .So you would want to speak to a lawyer and perhaps an agreement can be worked out between you and your spouse.This will also save each of you money in the long run,

working