jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think a mother can knowingly allow her husband to abuse her children , an

1. profile image44
    ONEDAYATATIMERposted 8 years ago

Do you think a mother can knowingly allow her husband to abuse her children , and still love them?

My mother also participated in the physical abuse to her children, but denied and forced us to remain quiet for years, and now both fosters and adopts children. Do you feel the state really protects these innocent kids, and they should be allowed the privalage of caring for these already damaged children?

2. SweetMocha-Monroe profile image74
    SweetMocha-Monroeposted 7 years ago

There is no excuse for abusing children either physically or mentally. I do not feel it's appropriate either for these type of people to be eligible to care for already damaged children in the state's system. You would be amazed how many children die each year in any state's system. It's ridiculous! I just can't see how someone can say they love a child and abuse them. There's a very fine line between disciplining and abusing therefore; some people should not go there. As for our state's they should be held accountable for enabling this type of behavior. Why would they interfere and remove children from their homes and turn around and place them in their halls of terror. UNBELIEVABLE!!

3. William Gerace profile image69
    William Geraceposted 6 years ago

As a former educator I can't tell you guys how often I would see this cycle of nightmares which of course I would report instantly. The problem is there is too much red tape involved when a child is going through a crisis. The case workload of some of these social workers makes a difficult task to keep and trust me I'm not saying this as an excuse by any means. I do think a mother knows when her children are being abused after all she carried them for nine months a mother knows certain things and this is what I believe. It is quite sad though when a  mother knows this and allows such horrid behaviors to occur. I will say that those mothers who allow such things to happen to their own children they are equally guilty. Now I'm savvy enough on the law but my opinion is if it don't exist there should be a law that if a mother knows and hides this fact she should be made an accessory to the crime as in any other crime for a example a man who drives a bank robber away from the scene. Again I'm not sure if a law like that exists but it definitely should.

4. Asalexander profile image60
    Asalexanderposted 4 years ago

Not at all.  I also believe Moms who stay with an abuser are just as guilty as the abuser for not protecting their children!

working