jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What the best thing about being a Mom?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image82
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

What the best thing about being a Mom?

2. HappyHer profile image58
    HappyHerposted 7 years ago

All of it.  Every single part of it is the best thing.  Staying up all night with a sick child, watching them play, grow, learn, fall down and get back up.  Children are a miracle and they grow SO fast, there is no part of it that's better than the rest.  Some of it is easier and more fun, but not better.

3. profile image45
    RELATUposted 7 years ago

I think the best thing about being a Mother is to experience having a child that is your first experience with your first born and to give birth is an experience you'll never forget. Each pregnancy is different as far as the pain that you experience but as my Mother told me and it is true the pain goes away and you forget about the pain especially when you see your child. I have a son and daughter and both labor pains were different. Childbirth is beautiful to me in every aspect and watching your children grow up you have to grasp every minute because when they become adults you wish they were toddlers again, but I have 2 very successful children, well educated and they make me proud everyday of my life.

4. The Momma profile image55
    The Mommaposted 7 years ago

Bed time:)  Seriously, I learn from my kids every day.  I love doing things with them and learning things together.  My older boys are now my friends as well as my kids and I am so excited about the two little people growing up before my eyes.

5. Rafini profile image90
    Rafiniposted 7 years ago

Knowing you made a difference in a child's life and that child came from you.

6. KT Banks profile image59
    KT Banksposted 7 years ago

Unconditional love.

I actually have a million answers to that question, but that one answer above seems to sum it up.

I have it for my kids and they have it for me. My three sons are so loving that I must admit it surprises me. Growing up with four sisters, I never knew boys were really so - nice.

My teenage boys tell me they love me, even in front of their friends and girlfriends.

My husband and I look at these happy, well adjusted kids, that even enjoy school and make good grades and we can't help but wonder where they came from. Where are the sullen, trouble making teens that they always show on TV?

I'm not saying they are perfect, and neither am I. But to each other we are! I guess that's Unconditional Love. And maybe a great deal of luck. LOL

working