Mother-in-law is holding my hubby to his promise. He told her that she move in w

1. Cupcake girl profile image55
    Cupcake girlposted 7 years ago

Mother-in-law is holding my hubby to his promise. He told her that she move in with him when he...

buys a house. Thing is he said this when he was 5. Now MIL is just spending ALL her money including money she could have used to buy a house on stupid stuff..How the heck do you tell her to wake the Eff up without losing your cool!?

2. akirchner profile image95
    akirchnerposted 7 years ago

That's a tough one and truly tough love but I would just be honest and say that she is cramping your lifestyle/his lifestyle and that you need time and space for yourselves as a couple.  Most often, when folks are being selfish though - they really don't like anything that you say so you just have to prepare yourself for the backlash and then stand your ground.

3. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image79
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 6 years ago

She has right on your husband as you do? I wrote a full article on my blog for this. Let her enjoy and she will understand everything. Don't lose your cool. We still live in joint families, like to enjoy together. I and my family like to be together whenever we get time. This year she is just crying to see all my kids, but it is just difficult to travel there because of very tight schedule. My brothers and sisters are there and their kids are also there but because I am youngest and my kids still very small 2 years to 8 years. ( 4 in all). My parents keeps moving between sons and daughters as they like and wish. We all love them to be with us. … thers.html

Love her and you will understand love.