jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is this question justified? What are the qualifications of child's parents and g

1. soni2006 profile image79
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

Is this question justified? What are the qualifications of child's parents and grandparents?

Many schools in Delhi ask these types of questions from parents during school admissions. Asking for parent's qualifications is fine but do you think asking for grandparent's qualifications is necessary or justified? What do you think about this issue?

2. jite profile image37
    jiteposted 7 years ago

No,it is not justified.If it is ok than how a lesser educated person can get his children educated.It is absolute nonsense.good question Soni2006.

3. agraj.agranayak profile image55
    agraj.agranayakposted 7 years ago

No it is not. Firstly, the orientation of the parents and the grand parents knowledge does not necessarily oriented the childs intelligence. I think what matters more is the environment in the house, that in the Delhi schools, and most importantly the kids friends circle.

4. msburgman profile image71
    msburgmanposted 6 years ago

Whether or not the question is justified depends on how you view the family relationships and their affect on the child. The grandparent's qualifications can be relevant if the child will be spending large amounts of time with the grandparents.  One could easily raise the question of stability and consistency and well as provision should the parents become incapacitated. While it is not a question I would have thought to ask I can see some reasoning behind it.