jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

After seven years, this women is coming after for child support. First we have t

  1. profile image44
    alh0915posted 7 years ago

    After seven years, this women is coming after for child support. First we have to make sure we...

    have a paternity test and second this child wants nothing to do with me. She also just regained custody after having the kid taken away from her due to her taking drugs. She has made it out that it wasn't my kid, until now. If I am the father I will pay, but can it be modified because of situation, also I have another child with another woman who I pay child support, plus 2 other children with my wife. If I am the father and I do have to pay, can I make sure she is drug tested, so I at least know money is going to the child?

  2. drbillfannin profile image60
    drbillfanninposted 7 years ago

    Whether you pay and how much is up to the state laws. Can you have her tested for drugs? No. She has custody, and you have no say in how she spends the money. If you think she is still taking drugs, you can request children services to intervene, and then go to court to seek custody. You may can get free legal help, but you may have to pay for that too.

    I am an ex child support enforcement agent.

  3. profile image46
    JefHenningerposted 7 years ago

    You should speak to an attorney in person regarding all of these issues.

  4. DontWorryBeHappy profile image56
    DontWorryBeHappyposted 7 years ago

    If you think she is on drugs, how can you knowingly leave that poor child in her care? Put that child's well being first and worry about your money second.