jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

what life lesson would you teach your child to grow up with?

1. LADY EMPRESS profile image57
    LADY EMPRESSposted 7 years ago

what life lesson would you teach your child to grow up with?

2. The Suburban Poet profile image82
    The Suburban Poetposted 7 years ago

There is a saying that I like by John Mellancamp: "An honest man's pillow is his peace of mind." I think being honest with others as well as yourself brings intangible benefits even though they may be unmeasurable. Being honest with yourself is most important as it is vital in your assessment of progress towards your goals. You have to be able to look into the mirror and not delude yourself as to your worth or your role in problems or successes. You can go to school and learn a skill but your character is not something that you can acquire with a diploma. It is a daily task and requires constant vigiliance. Being honest is a relief to one's mind because it minimizes dread and maximizes hope.

3. Avamum profile image84
    Avamumposted 7 years ago

I believe it is important to raise children to be both self-sufficient and able to contribute to the community in a meaningful way. Once you have the tools to look after yourself you will be able to lend a hand to those who cannot.

4. thismamaworksit profile image59
    thismamaworksitposted 7 years ago

I think it is very important for a child to grow up with empathy towards others. Empathy is an emotion that is learn.

I also agree that it is important to bring your children up to be self sufficient contributers to society and to VALUE that.

working