jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you grew up with little to no discipline...

1. SteppingForward profile image57
    SteppingForwardposted 7 years ago

If you grew up with little to no discipline...

How did this affect your adult life?

2. daisy0590 profile image60
    daisy0590posted 7 years ago

I think this depends on several factors.  The most important being the personality of the person in question.  Each person is different so it would affect people differently.  My parents were fairly strict when I was a child, probably because I was always getting into trouble.  But as I became a teenager, and more responsible they became really lax.  As a result I started respecting them more and following their rules because I didn't want them to become strict again.  It seems like a trust issue.  But if someone grew up entirely with no discipline they may have problems with authority figures in his/her life later such as his/her future boss.

3. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

when you go out into the real world it will be much harder for you to stay atop of everything

4. raising6kids profile image56
    raising6kidsposted 7 years ago

I believe if there is not some level of discipline children will grow up not knowing what to do in the adult world. Parents have to guide their children in their younger years so they can manage on their own in older years. But I do agree with daisy depends alot on the personality of the child how they take the discipline and grow from it.

5. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

On the opposite side here............I grew up in a very old school home.