What's the most enjoyable aspect of being a grandparent?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image81
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

What's the most enjoyable aspect of being a grandparent?

2. mlhostetter profile image60
    mlhostetterposted 7 years ago

It is really a toss up most of the time. It can be actually very stressfull being a GP (Grandparent).  We find ourselves worrying alot more about our GK (Grandkids) than we did our own children oddly enough and I believe that is because we have lost a certain element of control over things.
    But in reference to your question, When they put thier little arms around you and squeeze tight. The smile when they see you and cry when they go home...

The best past of being a GP for me is knowing that they will listen to me alot more than they ever will thier own parents! Ha Ha..We give them a safe place where they can be themselves and they allow us to be silly and childish with them.

They are really such a blessing!

3. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

It gives you pause to correct the wrongs you committed as a parent and we all did it.  We were short on patience, on time, on the desire to put our children first.  As a grandparent, we can see beyond those things that we thought should be our focus at the time and realize that the life of a child is far more important than anything we have to do or achieve in this moment of life.  As grandparents, we have the opportunity to repent for our sins.  WB

working