jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What is the earliest childhood memory you can recall?

1. miamiyou profile image58
    miamiyouposted 7 years ago

What is the earliest childhood memory you can recall?

2. CarrBeanz profile image57
    CarrBeanzposted 7 years ago

Coloring a picture of a man fishing, I was 5 years old.. I remember because I was on the floor of the foyer and was trying to ignore the sounds of my parents fighting.  I was hoping if I did a good job they would like the picture and stop fighting.

3. padmendra profile image45
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

For me the past memory of  playing with my late mother as a child  whom I deeply  love   always knocks the door of my heart  which brings tears in my eyes.. I could not forget those events even today at the age of 40.. There is no other memory as such.

4. SunnyMom24 profile image57
    SunnyMom24posted 7 years ago

Laying in the crib in my grandmas bedroom, listening to granddaddy snore.  I used to wake up scared, in complete darkness, thinking a monster was in the room and then Grandma would come over quickly, comfort me and remind me it was only Granddaddy.  I was about 2 1/2 or 3.

5. mandyf profile image65
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

I was 2 years old my parents were fighting in out little apartment my mother was telling me to tie my shoes hurry and tie my shoes and i remember sitting there wondering how can i tie them if i didnt know how next thing I know my mother and I are driving down a highway and we pass a sign that says sacremento 45 miles.

6. daisychainsaw profile image59
    daisychainsawposted 7 years ago

Mine is the day my mom told me bout starting kindergarten. I remember telling her "I'm only 4yrs old!" We were driving in an old volkswagon bus and I was standing on the front seat. This was before seatbelt laws had been invented!

7. shynsly profile image56
    shynslyposted 7 years ago

Playing on a giant (at the time) roller-skate ride on toy when I was like, two? My mom didn't believe me until we broke out the photo albums, and there it was.

8. MamaTito profile image58
    MamaTitoposted 7 years ago

Oddly enough I was only a few months old. My mother would dance me to sleep. I kept opening my eyes and remember seeing a white bookshelf. I can also remember her breathing in my ear. I mentioned it to my mother and she confirmed that there was such a bookcase.

9. chspublish profile image82
    chspublishposted 7 years ago

Strolling near a storm-washed shoreline with my father holding my hand. He was explaining something about the big waves. His hand seemed so big and encompassed mine so much,  I thought they were like soft spades, which you would use to dig sand. I felt very secure. I was somewhere between 2 and 3 years old.

10. yazoogal43 profile image36
    yazoogal43posted 7 years ago

at 21 months of age i said, 'mama what is Jesus last name and I  remember it clearly

11. rwelton profile image71
    rweltonposted 7 years ago

Age 3 - waiting for my Mom and  my new little sister to come home from the hospital.  Riding in a 1951 Chrysler - no seat belts then - holding the new baby on my lap on a pillow.
    rlw

12. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 7 years ago

I remember standing in my crib looking into my sister's crib next to me. I was about two years old, and she was just an infant. We had a tiny apartment so the cribs were pretty close to each other.

working