Why is there so much need for foster homes in the USA?

1. yaknowwhat profile image60
    yaknowwhatposted 7 years ago

Why is there so much need for foster homes in the USA?

There are so many children in need of a loving home while they are going through such an aweful time seperated from thier parents . Where are the christians , what stops them from responding to the need ?

2. Manuvegeta profile image75
    Manuvegetaposted 7 years ago

This happens not only in Usa. The lack of homes affects the whole world and most people pretend not to see the situation.

3. N.E. Wright profile image81
    N.E. Wrightposted 7 years ago

Their names being ruined for lies by some older children.  It really does happen.

I am a foster parent, and though I have not taken in any children in a few years, because I needed to work on raising my son, my home is still open.  I can call them today, and they would send me a child.

My first foster child's mother gave me such a hard time and lied on me just to get her daughter out of my home so she could possible receive money from her daughter's fake Godmother.  It did not work that way, and so she decided she wanted her child back with me.  Crazy.  LOL.

An older boy -- well for me six years old is older.  LOL -- jumped on my back, because he could not get his way.  The boy was a danger to himself and his 14 month old sister at that time. 

I believe he is still in the mental ward of the hospital the agency had to place him in from my home.

No, I love doing foster care, but most people hear the horror stories and stay away for that reason.  I know of people who went to jail for lies told on them from someone who lied on them.

I just cannot judge those that will not take that chance on being a foster parent.  I understand it.

working