jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What is the most romantic (not sexual) thing anyone has ever done for you?

1. prektjr.dc profile image87
    prektjr.dcposted 6 years ago

What is the most romantic (not sexual) thing anyone has ever done for you?

It is almost Valentine's Day.  A day for romance.  Romance isn't necessarily sexual.  There are many ways to be romantic.  Share with us the most romantic thing that someone has done for you.

2. Minnetonka Twin profile image88
    Minnetonka Twinposted 6 years ago

My college boyfriend gave me such a personal and heartfelt gift. He was a cook at the time and made me a dozen roses out of radishes. Till this day I have pictures of them. I thought it was such a thoughtful gift because he made it himself. Picturing him prepping and cutting them made my heart skip a beat. So Romantic

3. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

My husband and I were away at a mountain cabin sitting in front of a crackling fire. He was playing his guitar and made up a wonderful impromptu song for me.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I know this will seem mundane to most - but out weather is bad right now and where I park at work is a solid sheet of ice.  My husband made a special trip to my office to lay down gravel where I walk so I don't slip on the ice.  I thought that was so sweet.  He's a keeper!

1. cat on a soapbox profile image98
      cat on a soapboxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What a thoughtful thing to do! I'm impressed:>)

5. prektjr.dc profile image87
    prektjr.dcposted 6 years ago

Like each of the others, I have found that the most romantic thing is an act of love, not an expensive gift.  My husband gets up every morning first, makes coffee and brings me a cup when he wakes me up.  It is the daily act of kindness that is love.  The other thing thing that he did that was THE most romantic thing ever was wash my hair for me when I had gotten injured.  It was difficult for me to do, but he stepped in and gently and tenderly washed my hair and toweled it dry and combed it out.  He never said a word, just kept with it until it was done, then kissed me on the forehead and went on.  I was overwhelmed with love and it still warms my heart and takes my breath away just a bit!

6. charmingkids17 profile image60
    charmingkids17posted 6 years ago

It is difficult to choose only one because my husband surprises me every time,might be the most romantic thing was when he bought me a new car and surprised me, or when he took care of me when i was pregnant and was on bed rest he cared for me, but most important thing is the gesture of love which he shows me every time.

working