jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I have a problem with my 2 year old Daughter

1. profile image48
    TreatLady09posted 7 years ago

I have a problem with my 2 year old Daughter

My daughter is always getting into things and misbehaving. Ive put her in time out but nothing seems to be working and i dont want to spank her what do you think i should do.

2. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Your daughter is discovering her abilities.  She is testing and stretching herself.  Her little disappointments, when her want to's exceed her can do's is quite frustrating to her.  She is given to temper tantrums........her ability to express her disappointment is quite limited.  Her quest for knowledge is great, so she explores or gets into things she shouldn't. 
    Instead of telling her, not to touch something, hold it for her, letting her see it, touch it, admire it.  She is looking for you to teach her about her world.

Get down on the floor and see how she sees the world, the bookshelf, the coffe tables, around her.  She can not yet reach your level, come down to hers.

It calls for a great deal of patience and compassion on your part.

I do support teaching children manners, limits and obediance.  They simply need limits placed on their behavior to become socially acceptable.

Make your rules and then enforce them, also, pick your battles wisely.  Do not set standards that a 2 years old child can not reach.

Praise her at every possible opportunity.  It does not spoil her, it builds confidence and self esteem.

Enjoy her childhood, it will soon pass into memory.

3. Right On Time profile image61
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

She's spirited - embrace this.                                                           .

4. krillco profile image95
    krillcoposted 7 years ago

Visit my website and go to the 'parenting' page: Gentling.org