jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

At 18 you are classed an adult (in UK), what age do you generally think we reall

1. keepitnatural profile image74
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

At 18 you are classed an adult (in UK), what age do you generally think we really grow up around?

2. Ruchira profile image78
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

Experience makes a man!

One sure becomes an adult with age but having experiences with various things makes us think in perspective and helps give us a clear vision on things in life.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I realize everyone matures as a different rate, but as I get older the age of adulthood changes in my mind.  Early twenties, 21 maybe.  18 is too young to really know who you are, in most cases.

4. Mandrake_1975 profile image96
    Mandrake_1975posted 7 years ago

Thirty.  Something just "clicks" when you hit thirty, and you tend to see everything through an entirely different lense.

Back when I was twenty-five I was told this by a guy who had just turned thirty-one.  I laughed at him, but lo and behold, when I turned thirty something happened upstairs.

I'm sure it's different for everybody, but for me it went in stages, and I would not say that you really have a proper grasp on life until you have been a legal adult for ten or twelve years and had time to explore yourself and life in general.

Either way you look at it, I am positive that every ten years or so you will look back and wonder how you could have possibly been so naive, and even wonder how it is that you are still alive.

Age makes for experience, and experience is the bringer of wisdom.  Ten years is a long time...

working