jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Would you install a tracking device under the skin of your child?

1. Novel Treasure profile image88
    Novel Treasureposted 7 years ago

Would you install a tracking device under the skin of your child?

If the technology was available, to install tracking devices under the skin, would you put one in your child? Would you tell them it was there? Is this going too far to protect your child from predators?

2. Adventure Colorad profile image82
    Adventure Coloradposted 7 years ago

I think that is going a little too far.  Tracking a cell phone, or a vehicle that you own and the child is borrowing are one thing.  Actually going through surgery is a little too far.  Besides, knowing their locations does not necessarily mean they are protected.

3. Jangaplanet profile image77
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

The rfid chip or tracking device is not something i would ever consider. There seems to be a more sinister reason behind this tracking device. However, we all could agree that it would make us feel more in control regarding our children whereabouts.

But lets say the predators know about it ? which if it becomes the next big thing they would all end up knowing anyway. What would stop the predator from cutting off their arms, or wherever this device is placed on your childs body!

For me, it would add an extra worry if ever (and God Forbid)  my child were to be lost or taken. Media sells the idea by making everyone feel the need to worry that it can happen, because they play on our love and feelings of safety, No - i think there is something wrong with tracking devices. I don't even agree having them on new cars.
    Are they good if our children get lost?  maybe!  but i still would not consider them...

4. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

I am ALL about protecting my children.

I am NOT about ' tracking devices' or invasion of their personal selves.

Your question is not as simple as it reads.

5. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

i would onley if i could have the option of taking it out if i changed my mind or when they got older becasue evenutaly that would be an invashion of privacy tough one to answer

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

never.i'm so against that kind of control. one reason is that it completely destroys a person's freedom whether it's a child or an adult.

7. Novel Treasure profile image88
    Novel Treasureposted 7 years ago

As a parent of small children, I cringe at the thought of something happening to them. My first instinct is to do anything to protect them by whatever means necessary.

However, I don't know that I could bring myself to the point where I thought it necessary to track them by implanting something into their body. As much as I love my children, I can't bring myself to take away their free will.

That and I have a slight phobia of electronic gadgets and how they could be used maliciously by those more tech savvy than myself.

That being said, I would not be opposed to having the ability to track their phone or vehicle should the need arise. I wouldn't want to track them every day all day. There has to be a level of trust.

8. scoobydeb profile image76
    scoobydebposted 7 years ago

Omigod, no. I would never do something like that. What an invasion of privacy.

9. Jarn profile image82
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Never. That's just plain wrong.

A tracking device under the skin could be removed. I'd place it in the brain. smile

10. LadyWriter profile image76
    LadyWriterposted 7 years ago

My instant reaction is no way - but then I thought about Madeleine McCann and it starts to become a bit more of a dilemma; maybe she could have been found?

Overall though I'd say no because the very small risk of something dreadful like that happening doesn't justify it.

11. ozcam profile image61
    ozcamposted 7 years ago

Not sure that a tracking device is going to protect them from predators anyway.. Think about it.. you may know where they are but you don't know who else is there.