jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How is raising a male child different, from that of how you would raise a female

1. websclubs profile image52
    websclubsposted 7 years ago

How is raising a male child different, from that of how you would raise a female child?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4805423_f260.jpg

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 7 years ago

They should be raised with different goals. Males should be given goals of strength, Females are given tales of motherhood, home care, and family. However this has changed over the years and is rarely followed anymore.
    It is not a question of male or female. It is a question of personality. If you raise your child focusing on their personality they will grow to be what you desire in your child. It is cheating but very nice.

3. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I raised all three of my children, from infancy on, the exact same way.  My approach was that I would "raise human beings first, and let their sex/gender take care of itself, once the time came."  The only thing I did that was different was that I tried to help my little sons be happy to be little boys (by making sure they had nice "little boy" clothes - rather than "not bothering because they were boys"); and I tried to help my daughter enjoy being a girl, even though I tried to nurture strength, independence, and intelligence in her; as well as in her brothers.

So, I guess, as far I'm concerned, the only difference was the clothes when they were little.   As they went from preschoolers to school age,  they "separated off" into their respective sexes, but still, in a lot of ways, remained very similar (as far as "what kind of child" they were went).

Today, my sons are handsome, strong, masculine, looking young men; and my daughter is a strong, independent, person who happens to be about "as feminine as it gets" too.

All three were active kids.  All three were well behaved in school and wherever I brought them.  All three were gentle and kind little kids.  All three were kids who knew they didn't have to put up with being pushed around.  They have their own personalities, of course; but in a lot of ways, they're very similar.

4. loneparentgiggles profile image61
    loneparentgigglesposted 6 years ago

I have a son, and I raise him exactly the same as I would a daughter, rough and tumble, bonfires, diy, paint everywhere, pink stuff, blue stuff. He loves pink. He has a dolls house. He has dolls. He's 17 months old. He sits with me in front of a bonfire and watches me put more wood on. He loves it. I encourage him to come into the sea with me. Soon I'll take him camping. I would be no different with a little girl. At a young age there is no major difference in my opinion, all they want is love and interaction among the necessities such as food, drink, clothes and somewhere safe to live.

working