jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you think boys or girls are easier to raise? Why?

1. cardelean profile image93
    cardeleanposted 7 years ago

Do you think boys or girls are easier to raise?  Why?

2. Taleb80 profile image81
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

How are cardelean
    How is your great mother (not sister)?

I am a father for 6 years girl & 2,5 years boy.
    Sure, girls easier, they are more quite & more manageable.
    Boys are more nagging.

3. dexixy profile image65
    dexixyposted 7 years ago

Boys are more easier to raise (in the long term)  , girls are more hard since of their complicated nature i.e when in the  teenage stage, they are a menace.

4. cardelean profile image93
    cardeleanposted 7 years ago

Dexixy:  I agree that the teenage years are a little rougher with girls.  I don't know that I would say a menace.

Taleb80:  We are both great, thanks for asking.  And how are you?  In my experience girls are quieter when they are young and boys are much more active.  However from what I have seen, the tables turn during the preteen/teen years.  Girls become much more dramatic while boys tend to settle.  Good luck with your children, they are a blessing no matter how challenging they may be!

5. Denise Handlon profile image91
    Denise Handlonposted 7 years ago

Well, after raising two daughters, and now raising my nephew, I would say they both have their moments, BUT in my experience, raising my nephew these past two years has been much more difficult.  Because: he thinks he is a man, but he isn't.  He thinks he has ALL of the answers and of course, he does not.  He thinks he can act in a disrespectful way towards me when he does not get his way, which of course I am not going to put up with. 

So...right now it is harder for me to raise boys.  (Of course, it was girls that were harder when my daughters were growing up, hahaha).   Let's face it: parenting is not easy.  In fact, to be a good parent it is the HARDEST job you will ever do!

Taleb80-I am fine. So nice of you to inquire.  I hope you and your family are also doing well.  Take care and happy writing.

6. cobrien profile image78
    cobrienposted 7 years ago

Boys. I find that through ages and stages that girls have habits that boys don't, habits that frustrate parents. At different times, to test the limits, little girls will lie, manipulate, and flirt to get what they want. They can also be sneaky, where as boys are more up-front. If the boys are playing in one bedroom and the girls are in another and the house is quiet, you call to the girls and ask what they are up to, they will answer "nothing", and maybe be starting the house on fire. Whereas you know if the boys are quiet, you've got trouble!

7. Dr. Wendy profile image67
    Dr. Wendyposted 7 years ago

I have two grown daughters and one grown son, and two sons and two daughters still at home.  It is their personality quirks that make some more difficult than others, not what sex they are.

8. Monisajda profile image73
    Monisajdaposted 7 years ago

My answer may be biased because I have only girls but it really depends on their character, in my opinion. One is easy, manageable while the other is a tornado, full of emotions and so hard at times.

9. profile image58
    rieomposted 7 years ago

I would say boys are earsier.  Girls are more whinny and even through boys can whine too, it is not to the extend that girls go to.

10. Meg Ingram profile image60
    Meg Ingramposted 6 years ago

i've been helping my older brother raise his 4yr old boy , and i have two girl nieces but i think boys are harder .. but then again i think it depends on the day girls can have pretty hard headed moments just like boys can.

working