jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are you prepared for a disaster?

1. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 7 years ago

Are you prepared for a disaster?

Are you prepared for a natural disaster to strike your location by way of suplies and an emergency kit and plan?

2. HattieMattieMae profile image59
    HattieMattieMaeposted 7 years ago

It's good to be prepared, but what where would you store the stuff, and how do you know it would be safe, and in reach when it happens, and what if the disaster just swept it away? That is the only question.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

Depending on the kind of disaster, we are prepared.  It is a difficult balance being prepared for disaster and living in fear of disaster.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

yes. i have supplies, an escape route planned to get out of the city and i safe place to take my family.

5. ravenlt04 profile image65
    ravenlt04posted 7 years ago

I would hope so!  But probably not!  I have a few canned foods, matches, and batteries....  We have a fire escape ladder in our room....  I have told my son how to get the key for the front door and unlock the door; I'm sure we need to go through that with him again.  Um... what else wink, our cell phone numbers and 9-1-1 are posted on the refrigerator for his reference.  We need to keep the flashlights accessible and with batteries.  We should get some bottled water too, huh?  What else would one do to be prepared?  Are we mentally prepared?

working