jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Any problem if didn't come teeth at one year old?

1. sharnas profile image58
    sharnasposted 7 years ago

Any problem if didn't come teeth at one year old?

My baby's 1st birth day is on may 2nd. We will celeberate well. But he doesn't have  his milk teeth. The baby have 4 teeth who is same as his age. Any problem ? Should I see a doctor?

2. Barley profile image61
    Barleyposted 7 years ago

Some babies have milk teeth before the first Birth day,But some babies have milk teeth after their first Birthday.It is the same as with their crawling and walking.
    No need to worry, its natural process.

3. zob2zob profile image62
    zob2zobposted 7 years ago

My son never had any teeth until he was 18 months, and infact it is better as the teeth are not being exposed to any sugars so no rot or decay, our family dentist always said that he would have strong teeth, he is 19, one filling. So don't worry, celebrate, the next thing with teeth is cleaning them, which is fun to remember and begin, could always clean the imaginary teeth, might make it easier for the real thing!
    I never worry about other peoples kids, or those so called milestones, as every child is different and all 5 have been different in achievements so not worth a tosh!!
    Enjoy your little mans first b-day teeth or no teeth!!

4. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 7 years ago

Agree with zob2zob.  My 2 kids only had 1 or 2 teeth on 1st birthday, the doctor said the fewer teeth the better (less risk of cavities), they will come in later.  No teeth at 1st birthday is just fine.

5. sharnas profile image58
    sharnasposted 7 years ago

All your answers are very useful to me.  Thank you very much friends.....

working