jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think it's easier to raise a son or daughter?

1. mommyneal6 profile image78
    mommyneal6posted 7 years ago

Do you think it's easier to raise a son or daughter?

2. tillsontitan profile image87
    tillsontitanposted 7 years ago

Definitely a son.  I have two of each and it was easier with the boys.  They're tougher and resepond better to discipline -- they don't like it but they respond better wink

3. ravenlt04 profile image65
    ravenlt04posted 7 years ago

So far (with young children) my son's been easier.  My daughter has plenty of attitude and opposes my requests a lot more often.  She does things on her time and demands her independence.  I think it's based on preference, though.  I was not the easiest of daughters, and thus may be biased.  My son is not too hyper/active, but I hear boys generally are.  So, if one prefers a little "sass" instead of constant activity, one may prefer raising a son.  When my children become teens, I fear they will both deal with tough issues.  Girls run the risk of getting pregnant in addition to being steered the wrong way by peer pressure (becoming curious and/or experimental with drugs, sex, etc.).  I would assume that one additional risk makes girls more difficult, but if my daughter resists all temptations as I hope she will, she could turn out to be the easier child to raise.  Personality decides so much.  An easily influenced teenage boy who gets into trouble could turn out to be more difficult to raise than any girl.

4. mommyneal6 profile image78
    mommyneal6posted 7 years ago

It's funny that you guys say a son is easier. I have 3 boys who have been pretty tough to raise, and I have a little girl who will be one next month. If she is harder than my boys, I'm in for a real crazy ride!

5. ryancurtis profile image60
    ryancurtisposted 7 years ago

Not sure, l have two sons. However l have three work mates who have daughters and they say it harder, and they seems stressed much more than me.
    Especially from teens.
    My two boys are just brilliant together and easy to look after. Boys will be boys.

6. Billrrrr profile image82
    Billrrrrposted 7 years ago

I had two girls a year apart, followed by twin sons.  They are now in their 30s and 40s. 

The girls were easier by far.  They really were no trouble and were very helpful.  Both girls had jobs all through high school.  They married well and are raising wonderful families. One has a boy and  a girl the other has a girl and two boys.

As for my sons, they were hard to raise, but they turned out well.  One has his own business and the other is a career soldier and veteran of tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

7. sharnas profile image56
    sharnasposted 7 years ago

I don't know truely. I am waiting for  my one year old noughty bab......

8. nasus loops profile image68
    nasus loopsposted 7 years ago

I can only go by the fact that I have a son and my inlaws have a daughter only 8 weeks older.  From what I see although my son is strong willed and a very typical boy being into everything I believe that he is the easier to bring up.  My niece already at 3 years old is showing very typical girl behaviour.  Crying for no real reason, moody and lets face it when they turn teenagers you don't have arguments with boys telling them that they cant go out looking like that (very short skirt and skimpy top).

Conclusion for me is that I would rather have a boy.

working