jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Which is more difficult to raise boys or girls?

1. sandwichmom profile image55
    sandwichmomposted 8 years ago

Which is more difficult to raise boys or girls?

2. profile image0
    stagnettoposted 8 years ago

I have to say to start with that I don't have children of my own, but I have always heard from other people and seen from my sister, who has a boy and a girl, that it is indeed harder to raise girls.

It is also said that the bigger the child, the bigger the problem!

But going back to your question, the reason that girls may be harder to raise than boys is that for starters they are more delicate and need more protection.  They are also more temperamental due to their fluctuating hormones and nowadays more promiscuous.  This whole cocktail is quite hard for a parent to handle.

The uppermost fear that parents may have is that their daughter will end up getting pregnant and may ruin her life by being landed with a child far too soon and even while she is still studying.

Young girls are very stubborn and think that they know it all already and do not  easily listen to any advice tha their parents my give them.  So finally I would say that if you have a daughter, I wish you lots of patience and understanding.

3. yoshi97 profile image71
    yoshi97posted 8 years ago

Having both, I can tell you that each have their own difficulties. Boys tend to get in trouble more, but girls tend to be fountains of pent up anxiety and angst - especially in their teenage years.

The good news is that they all grow up in time and you find yourself laughing at the years you thought surely would take your sanity.

If I had a choice ... I would still chose to have both, as each offers an experience and view of life that the other typically can't. smile

I hope this helps. smile

4. sdipple profile image60
    sdippleposted 7 years ago

Well, I only have boys and they are hard enough smile  I know my husband would have loved to have had a daddy's girl, but I know I was quite a handful as a teenager. 

As a teacher, I would take a rowdy class of boys over girls any day, as the fights and cattiness are much less.  However...the many displays of who is the alpha dog does start to get tiresome.

Here's to both boys and girls!  Thank goodness there are both!