jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best gift you would give to your children?

1. reena_yadav profile image77
    reena_yadavposted 6 years ago

What is the best gift you would give to your children?

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

Teach him or her ...

To be a Good Human.

Tell him or her ... what he or she Knows intrinsically ... Is, the Voice of his or her, Conscience ... never suppress it ... Protect it ... never let it fade away. Stand up for your Convictions.

That Truth invariably Prevails.

To Earn an honest living.

To be Good ... Actively.

Stand up against Evil ... where ever you find it.

All of this, is involved ...  in being a Good Muslim.

3. rwelton profile image71
    rweltonposted 6 years ago

Live the example every day.  Words are helpful, but actions are everything.  Children are extremely perceptive, adults are transparent. "Do as I do".

If you are lucky, your words will come out of your children's mouths to their children someday and then you will live forever.

Be sure you are remembered for the right things.  Love, Kindness, joy, forgiving, justice, honesty, giving, fidelity, laughter and love again (needs to be said twice).  That is your legacy.
    rlw

4. mcrawford76 profile image82
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

I think the two most valuable things I would like to pass on to my children are;

Do unto others - Very simple philosophy. Treat others as well as you would like to be treated.

Common sense - so rare are those that think before they act, or before they speak. If I could pass on the gift of common sense that would be amazing.

5. SteveMacken profile image60
    SteveMackenposted 6 years ago

Without hesitation, self respect for from self respect comes respect for all else.

6. loneparentgiggles profile image62
    loneparentgigglesposted 6 years ago

The ability to make his own decisions, and to do so wisely. Independance. Love. Respect.

working