jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If dad is not in the picture, do you honor your mother on Father's Day?

1. My Stories profile image59
    My Storiesposted 6 years ago

If dad is not in the picture, do you honor your mother on Father's Day?

2. K. Burns Darling profile image83
    K. Burns Darlingposted 6 years ago

I am a child of the reverse situation, my mother passed away when I was eleven, my father became a single dad who devoted his life to raising both my sister and I, not even dating until my younger sister was out of high school. My dad did his best to be both father and mother to us, and yes, I have often honored him on Mother's Day, including a poem that I wrote for him when I was a teenager that he framed and hangs on the wall in his bedroom entitled "Happy Mother's Day to my Dad."

3. parrster profile image85
    parrsterposted 6 years ago

You could honour one who has been a father-figure for you (if any) in the absence of your father. Failing that, you could join in honouring a friends father whom you respect. To me, the roles of mother and father are unique to their gender, each impossible to fulfil by the other with even their best efforts. Therefore, though we may have lacked the benefit of a father in our own lives, we discredit the role by shifting the focus away from the gender-role it pays homage to. (Does that make sense?)

4. My Stories profile image59
    My Storiesposted 6 years ago

Great response parrster, it does make sense. Thank  you. K. Burns Darling that is so sweet.  We usually think about the single mothers and you reminded of the fathers that are taking care of their children by themselves.

5. Iannurse profile image57
    Iannurseposted 6 years ago

Fathers are neccessary, but we live in a culture that cares little for fathers. Because of this, we are a country without fathers, remember, "I DONT NEED A MAN," and "I aint putting up with..." The problem is, the less people are raised with fathers, the more and more people will reject being fathers in the next generation, so let's just continue the trend so that none of the boys learn manhood, and none of the girls will learn how to be loved by someone who does not see them as an object of desire.

6. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

Yes, Because I personally think no one in this world can take place of your mothers and fathers.If dad in not i the picture then do you honor your mother on Father's Day.But here I want to say "God is the father of all".