jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

At what age should a child be permitted to consume energy drinks?

1. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

At what age should a child be permitted to consume energy drinks?

2. tobey100 profile image59
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Far as I'm concerned, there is no right age.  I don't think they need an 'energy' drink for any reason.  The whole energy drink market is a scam.  We already have coffee don't we?   None of my boys (5) are allowed to drink alcohol or energy drinks.  Totally useless.  If you're feeling rundown or in need of energy, take a nap.

3. RNMSN profile image90
    RNMSNposted 6 years ago

my son was 24 yr old/had been drinking red bull x2 yrs...went through USMC at Parris Island no problem (no red bull there either) went on to Huntsville for school finished 2nd in his class...collapsed at dusk in formation...Guillian Barre..retired head of neuo at the first hosp they could get him to in Huntsville said energy drinks of all kinds are the worst thing you can do to your central nervous system/he diagnosed our son and saved his life/shipped him off to the regional hosp where he used to be head smile but of course that put a huge dent into our sons future and into our family/we miss him and his family every day of our life and pray for reconciliation constantly/
    while there are a lot of what ifs involved in this history and yes I agree, immune system and all the vaccinations played a part, I despise myself for buying that shit pardon me stuff for he, his beautiful wife and our daughter!
    You look so strong young man/like a military but not a jarhead...I'd guess army ranger?
    Dont drink that stuff!!! drink the water son and suck it up! )!

4. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

RNMSN, I drank a couple a day when I was a Marine and have always wondered what effect it had. These days, it's water, coffee, and tea. I have seen far too many heat strokes that I personally feel were attributed to energy drinks and gel packets. Thank you for posting, sir.

5. outlawsphinx profile image60
    outlawsphinxposted 6 years ago

I personally think no one should drink energy drinks.
    Energy drinks rev up the body into the same alerted state as if you were in a fight or flight response. Like in fight or flight responses, the body will eventually attain homeostasis and the result is even more fatigue because of the toll of the alerted response. Some may think, Oh I need another red bull, etc. Over and over and before long you're body is in a state of distress that can cause serious physiological and mental health problems. It's just not worth it.
    My husband is prior military and he still does it! It drives me crazy because his family already has a huge history of heart problems.  I hope this helps.
    Thank you for your service to our country!