jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Are Energy Drinks like Red Bull really effective?

1. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image81
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 5 years ago

Are Energy Drinks like Red Bull really effective?

People drink energy drinks to get energy , are these energy drinks gives you immediate energy or destroy your body in long term.

2. MSLewis profile image61
    MSLewisposted 5 years ago

The quick answer is both. There is actually some talk now about regulating energy drinks as a medicine since the chemical concentration is so high. If you have a pre-existing heart condition or high blood preasure, STAY AWAY from energy drinks, as the high concentration of caffeine can easily lead to episodes of heart palpitations and even cardiac arrest. Also, if you are on medications you should really consult a doctor before drinking energy drinks. If your doctor has ever said anything to you about specifically limiting the amount of caffeine you intake, energy drinks will only make the problem worse.

That being said, if you are a healthy individual, eneergy drinks aren't that bad in moderation. That last part is the most important, especially because so many young people today drink them as if they were a soda or cup of coffee. One energy drink per day, while not fantastic for you, will not do any major lasting damage, no more than two or three cups of coffee would do.

In short, don't rely on energy drinks for the pick-me-up every day, but on occasion they can help. The main time I drink them is when I have 12+ hour days and need to be alert for all of it.

My local paper just had a good article on this, some of which is sumarized above, but if you want to check it out you can find it here: http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=422963

ZIa Ahmed khanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is true and here in Kuwait government has passed new legislation on controlling them and it can not be sold to any one below age of 18.

2. nina64 profile image81
      nina64posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm a diabetic and at one time, I was consuming the 5 hour energy drinks. They did work, however, when that energy burst started to decline,  the crash made me even more tired. Because I'm taking medication for diabetes, I stopped using the product.

3. Goody5 profile image67
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I really don't think so. These drinks talk the talk, but they don't walk the walk. Keep on hubbing  smile

ZIa Ahmed khanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

These drinks has strong side effects on health of kids and that is the reason why governments want to regulate them.

4. Pete Wolfe profile image60
    Pete Wolfeposted 5 years ago

I don't know i don't drink them at all. But i do know this. I eat a high protein low carb diet. About 6 small meals a day. By doing this i am actually speeding my metabolism up. Therefore i do not need any energy drinks or coffee. Once i am awake it's like zoom, zoom, i am ready to go. Try it, it's probably cheaper than those drinks that support corporations.

working