jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Should children be allowed to drink "energy drinks"?

1. kentuckyslone profile image86
    kentuckysloneposted 6 years ago

Should children be allowed to drink "energy drinks"?

2. Matt in Jax profile image71
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

I would have to say no for the simple fact that I find them to be kind of addictive and kids are already restricted from other various addictive items (i.e. pain pills, cigarettes, alcohol, etc.).

3. Daffy Duck profile image59
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

No. they have too much energy as it is.  That's like taking up a collection for Bill Gates--that poor bastard.

4. chaunatye profile image59
    chaunatyeposted 6 years ago

I think energy drinks are bad enough for adults, let alone kids. Who knows the long term effect it would have on them.

5. Paul Kohler profile image60
    Paul Kohlerposted 6 years ago

No, they have been proven bad for adults, they are full of sugar which would compound an explosive obesity problem in children. At $3-$4 a piece they can stick with juice.

6. ggenda profile image59
    ggendaposted 6 years ago

Nope. Those drinks are terrible for you! Kids are hyper enough. Would anyone really want to see a child on one of those drinks? smile

7. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, just like anything else that is filled with sugar, caffeine and empty calories.  If we can teach them NOW not to get hooked on this stuff, they will make better choices in the future about nutrition.

8. bloggermasud profile image61
    bloggermasudposted 6 years ago

Energy drinks has alcohol. So its too harmful for children.

Read this article-
    Too much consumption of alcohol is harmful

http://hubpages.com/hub/Too-much-consum … -9-reasons

9. zoey24 profile image78
    zoey24posted 6 years ago

I would never give any of my children energy drinks, not only do they contain lots of sugar but they also contain other ingredients that are proven to be bad for adults let alone your child.

10. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Read the label and use your common sense with anything you feed your children.  Humans should not be drinking that stuff in general.

11. delaneyworld profile image80
    delaneyworldposted 6 years ago

I would not allow my daughter to drink them.  She has Epilepsy and anything can throw the delicate balance in her brain off.  Caffeine is a stimulant and it's really not healthy for anyone.  I drink coffee on occassion just because it helps my poor, old body get moving in the morning - but I would not want my daughter drinking it.

working