jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Were you given a pet name by your grandparents?

1. lcbenefield profile image78
    lcbenefieldposted 6 years ago

Were you given a pet name by your grandparents?

Did your grandparents have a pet name for you when you were growing up?  My grandfather, mom's dad, called me "Angel Cake".  It still makes me feel loved to think about it.

2. chspublish profile image80
    chspublishposted 6 years ago

Yes, two names really - one was the name of my cousin, Pauline, because they mixed up our names. The other was saily - waily. The saily part is the pronouncement of the first syllable of my name - Cel and the waily part just rhymes. Confusing, huh?
    Can you imagine my confusion when I was a child?
    I didn't really mind the nickname as my cousin was called - Pauly-Wally. It's only as an adult, when I look back, I realise how funny it was. They must have had quite a laugh to themselves without us realising. They were very kind and affectionate, but those names were weird.

3. nabeelplus profile image59
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

yes my they used to call me "Billi" & in urdu it means a female cat (i am male) so people really loved it & still many of my childhood friends call me billi smile

4. Smart is Good profile image60
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

My grandpa calls me "muñequita" which means dolly in Spanish. He is very loving with me and my sister, and I love to have him as my grandfather. I know there are people who don't have their grand parents with them, so I feel very lucky.

5. frugalfamily profile image75
    frugalfamilyposted 6 years ago

No, but my father called me "spighetti head."

6. Debra McVay profile image57
    Debra McVayposted 6 years ago

Yes.  My grandmother called me Debaloo, and when a friend of mine heard this, he thought she'd said Double Lou.

working