jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are there more benefits to having 2 or more children as compared to having only

1. moiragallaga profile image81
    moiragallagaposted 6 years ago

Are there more benefits to having 2 or more children as compared to having only one child?

2. Taleb80 profile image83
    Taleb80posted 6 years ago

Sure, I have two kids.
    My second one was born after about three years.
    As two they can find many activities to share, my six years daughter can understand my 3 years son faster than us.
    One kid alone will suffer as my experience.
    Hope it helps.

3. LADYGIRL profile image61
    LADYGIRLposted 6 years ago

Of Course you should have two or more children.  They will have a playmate and will also experience things together as brother and sister,or sister and sister and so forth.   Yes it would be a wonderful thing to have two or more children.  However the best part of it when the children are playing, Mommy and Daddy can have some ME time.....

4. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

Only children have advantages that those with siblings DO NOT. Such advantages include individualized parental attention, no sibling competition, and being free to develop their unique persona. read more

5. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

Personally, I would think that two or more children would be better as they would play with each other and have a friend at home. I see your point that one child would have individual attention, but when you have two or more children, you seem to make time for both children. My mother-in-law once told me that an only child is a lonely child. I dont know if this is true as I had two children.

6. Monisajda profile image73
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

I think you can have a high quality of life even as a child with a sibling. There are good things about being the only child, I was one. I had all the attention from my parents, yet, they didn't really give me that much of it. I was mostly left to myself and played quite well with my toys and in my imaginary world but they hardly ever read to me or talked to me. They were busy with their adult lives and I was just tagged along. I had a lot of friends, though.
    Now, from a perspective of a mother, I have two and I for sure give each of them more personal attention than I ever received as an only child. So this really depends on your family dynamics. I spend all my time with my daughters and take them places, talk to them and read books. They for sure have plenty of mama time. They also have each other to play with and share some intense moments. They can also learn at home something I never did, how to negotiate and have arguments with other people and make up for for it later. They learn how to be self-confident and compassionate because they have to work out through some deep emotions together. I never had that. I never had to share my toy or give up anything and I never had someone younger look in my eyes with such love and devotion.

7. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I am an only child and did not like it, but that was my experience with alcoholic parents.

I think only children can be fine but it can be lonely.

I didn't want to have an only child and so had two children--daughters--imagine my surprise after being an only child--that sibling fight.  WOW--I had no idea sisters would fight constantly.  They are best buddies now, but well,  WOW.

Closed to reply