jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How would you feel if your parents would get divorced?

1. Stella Faleskes profile image60
    Stella Faleskesposted 6 years ago

Or how do you feel when ur parents are already divorced?

2. Keeley Shea profile image78
    Keeley Sheaposted 6 years ago

Since I am grown with children of my own I would feel ok about my parents getting divorced.  My mother has lived a long life of sadness due to an alcoholic husband, who I love as my dad, but would understand the need for my mother to get away from someone with a disease who won't help himself get healthy.  It may happen soon and I would be supportive of her decision.

3. Stella Faleskes profile image60
    Stella Faleskesposted 6 years ago

@ Keeley Shea

I uderstand, its good that you are an audult now and u can take the divorce not so hard! Your mother is a hero ,cause she wasnt getting divorced when u was small even ur father was alcohol addicted,s she wanted you to have full family! Big respect to your mother! (my grandmother had alcoholic husband too, and she told me as well how hard it is)
    Thannk you very much for your comment!

4. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 6 years ago

My parents have been separated since I was a few months old, even though they filed for divorce only a few years ago. Reason being immigration documents and other legal procedures.

Anyway, I can't say I've had the worst childhood ever as a result of my parents being divorced, but I also can't say I have any nostalgic memories of growing up.

5. lydocia profile image59
    lydociaposted 6 years ago

I have gone through three divorces myself - my mother and father, my mother and adoption father and my father and stepmother.

I do not know how to explain how I feel about that. As distant as it may sound, it is their problem if their relation does not work out well, and it is their decision to divorce or stay together.

Hard as it may be, the child is always the victim because they will have to miss one or the other and will have to adapt to the new situation, but adapt it will. I got used to it. It is "normal" to me, and it taught me many things (one of those being not to get married too soon and not to treat my child as if they are too stupid to understand any of it).

working