jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you feel about adopting?

1. Sam Dolloff profile image61
    Sam Dolloffposted 6 years ago

How do you feel about adopting?

Would you be willing to adopt if you could have children of your own?  Even if you already had children would you adopt another?  Would you rather adopt from in country or overseas??  What are your thoughts?

2. nu-flowerchild profile image59
    nu-flowerchildposted 6 years ago

I think more of it should be done. There are so many kids that are "in the system" that belong to nurturing and loving families.

3. ournote2self profile image60
    ournote2selfposted 6 years ago

I have 2 kids of my own, but I've thought about adopting a 3rd many times.  I love kids and the thought of there being kids out there without a loving home breaks my heart.  I'd want to adopt a kid from America simply because I see so many around me that need a loving home.

4. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

Never, you never know what your getting or what kind of blood line they are coming from like mental illness and crime in their family. No way ever.

5. American View profile image61
    American Viewposted 6 years ago

If I was going to adopt, why would I want to look anywhere else but in America. We need to help our own.

6. eliowy profile image54
    eliowyposted 6 years ago

I think it is a necessary thing. As an adopted child i think that. I know some disagree but the alternative for me was being raised by a 17year old Latina immigrant if i wasn't adopted. Because i was adopted i am able to go to college and have a better life than i would have had if i wasn't. Of course if i wasn't adopted i wouldn't know what a better life is.  If i did adopt though i would only do it in the U.S. and carefully check out the adoption agency and not pick what i want ie. white baby girl as so many do. All children deserve a home and if none can be provided then adoption is a way to give them a home. Also just fyi in some cases not all they do screen for serious mental and physical illnesses in natural families today when adoptions occur. I know that heart problems run in my bfamily and if mental illness/disablitys run in the natural family adopters are made aware so they can provide treatment.

working