jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can a working woman adjust to being a stay at home mom after leaving the wor

1. K9keystrokes profile image93
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

How can a working woman adjust to being a stay at home mom after leaving the work force?

2. New 2011 Mom profile image61
    New 2011 Momposted 6 years ago

People are different. Many women, from what I heard and many that I know, adjusted very well but they felt they needed to get away more than working moms. The best way for a working mom to become a stay at home mom is to slowly do housework, like cooking, cleaning, whatever needs to be done around the house. It helps to keep a mom busy and to think of what she is doing as a job. A schedule for the day is also a pretty good idea. The biggest thing about becoming a stay at home mom is to deal with the children all day long, if they are not at school. It does take time to adjust but if you slowly work on it then it will start to come naturally. I was a working mom and became a stay at home mom, but my big challenge with that was adding college into the mix. I started out with a schedule for the day, I also went outside for a walk to get that exercise I got at work, and I found ways to keep myself busy because it does get boring at times staying at home.

3. profile image0
    kymmiedwposted 6 years ago

Honestly I wish I knew! smile I had what I thought the perfect schedule down when I was working. i knew my work hours, my home hours, my husband's farm hours, and my children's activites schedules. I had them laid out with supper ideas and a cleaning schedule so that it all got done with me at work 40-50 hours a week. Then I was "dismissed". I think that what is the hardest for me. I didn't get the chance to slip away from work on my time. I was forced to be at home and that is creating a whole new schedule. It's taken time. Today I felt the best but my oldest had football and I was shuttling some extra children around. I felt like I had a purpose and a schedule to keep again smile The biggest peice of advice is schedule. As a working mom schedules were huge for me and now I have to schedule home like I would the office.

4. dipsmi profile image73
    dipsmiposted 6 years ago

as per my own experience..its a bit difficult...but you soon get used to it...