Do the mothers of the present time are less doting than the mothers of our time?

1. shampa sadhya profile image84
    shampa sadhyaposted 6 years ago

Do the mothers of the present time are less doting than the mothers of our time?

I feel the mothers of this age are more self dependent contrary to the mothers of the upper generation. That is the reason practicality has taken the first place while love comes second. Well, in my opinion present mothers are not less doting but comparatively less expressive than their own mothers regarding love for their children. What do you think?

2. New 2011 Mom profile image61
    New 2011 Momposted 6 years ago

I do and don't agree with you. Many of the younger generations of mothers are less expressive than older mothers are. I am only speaking from personal experience with friends I have, or about stories I have heard. I am a younger mother and I feel that I am more expressive than any of my family members are. My mother was less expressive than I am, but I also feel it depends on the person and how that person was raised. I think it is more about the family history and the area they are living than really what mothers in general are today.

3. Monisajda profile image74
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

I think that mothers today are more focused on themselves, staying fit and attractive while raising their children. It may be in response to the society that stipulates that a woman has to be all in one: a perfect mother, an elegant and sexy partner to her husband, a successful career woman. I only guess that previous generation of stay at home moms who had no career and their only job was to raise kids and make their husband happy was under a different kind of pressure.

I do however, tend to dot on my daughters and make every moment count. I choose to be with them knowing they are going to grow up soon and then I will have time to go back to being who I am.