jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you use your kids as an excuse?

1. stylezink profile image82
    stylezinkposted 6 years ago

Do you use your kids as an excuse?

Do ever use your children as an excuse to get out of doing something? I know I'm guilty an so is my partner. For example,  this morning I woke up to a glow on my other half's face, they were texting someone. I looked at the screen and it says, "My oldest missed the bus, be in around 8ish." I said, "So Solomon missed the bus?" to which they replied, "Yep, you didn't know?" Anyone else out there guilty?

2. NewLifeOnRoad profile image59
    NewLifeOnRoadposted 6 years ago

Sometimes, but not often. Its a matter of trying to fit everything into one day...and sometimes that is not possible. So if I am using my kids as an excuse for not doing something, its usually because I am lacking in time, and trying to fit too much into one day.
    I dont use my kids as an excuse to avoid events, just might be a bit late, or need to postpone the event because we have five boys...trying to work in and around our family with also my blogging...that is when I will use my kids as an excuse. Does that make me a bad parent? I dont think so - just means that I leverage my time, and make the most of my day! If someone says that they have never used their kids as an excuse then I reckon they are not telling the truth!

3. Moms-Secret profile image83
    Moms-Secretposted 6 years ago

I think we all do it at some time or another and it is not always a bad thing.  I am currently using my daughter as an excuse not to lose myself in my own grief.  She is a sweet source of strength and my excuse to keep our lives fun and meaningful when I do not feel any of it yet.

4. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago

I have used my son's bedtime as an excuse to leave places early. Even though we always put him to bed on time, a few extra minutes wouldn't matter, but it's always a helpful excuse when we need to get out of there.

5. Chasing Riley profile image82
    Chasing Rileyposted 6 years ago

Definitely for little things I don't want to do but not as an excuse for something really important.

6. aliciajfarinoli profile image61
    aliciajfarinoliposted 6 years ago

Yes I have. I have stated that my daughter was coming down with a cold. Or that she just went down for a nap. Some how, people accept that excuse, but will not accept, "I do not feel well and I just want to stay home." or "I have had a long morning and I need to rest."