jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What should happen with bullies?

1. xethonxq profile image65
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

What should happen with bullies?

What type of consequences would be effective to stop bullying? Is it a parent issue? What happens if the parents are bullies themselves? This is such a tough issue to deal with on so many levels...the victims of bullying, parenting, school, etc. Any solutions??

2. NotSoPerfect profile image76
    NotSoPerfectposted 6 years ago

I think it has to be a collective effort. Teachers, parents, everybody has a part to play. Being the victim of a bully is hard enough to deal with and the shame that is associated with being bullied is going to keep the victim from telling a person of authority or even their parents. So it is important for parents as well as the schools to be involved with the kids and their activities. If they're in the know, they are probably already keyed in as to what goes on in and around school and are more likely to spot the bullies and nip the situations in the bud. As for consequences for bullies, that is at the parents' discretion but I think some counseling, apart from some other disciplinary action, would be in order to find out where this need to harm others is coming from.

3. soni2006 profile image79
    soni2006posted 6 years ago

A bully should be avoided, ignored, and stopped. If bullying happens in schools, the parents of a victim should talk directly with the parents of a bully. If the issue is not solved, they should involve the class teacher or even school principal to... read more

4. profile image0
    MP50posted 6 years ago

Read my Hub...wilms' tumor a rare childhood kidney cancer.....I was bullied at school...it actually helped me to get where I am today.

5. VeronicaFarkas profile image84
    VeronicaFarkasposted 6 years ago

I agree w/ Notsoperfect, that it should be a collective effort. I think that bullying is much worse than many years ago. Parents are too busy these days to properly educate and spend time with their children.

I feel as though parents should be held more responsible than teachers and schools, as it is not up to teachers to raise the children. It is up to the teachers to teach knowledge, not morals.

However, teachers and schools should be punishing bullying more; should not be allowing it to continue. I think that if the schools tried to get parents more involved, and make parents aware of the situation, and maybe held classes on educating about bullying, then it would result in less bullying.

working