jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

At what age should your children learn the truth about Santa Claus?

1. findawayormakeone profile image71
    findawayormakeoneposted 6 years ago

At what age should your children learn the truth about Santa Claus?

2. prasadjain profile image71
    prasadjainposted 6 years ago

when they complete 15 years. But in your countries children soon become adults.So, before telling they would be knowing.So, there at least till they complete 13, it should be an enjoyable, harmless fantasy for them.Am i right?

3. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 6 years ago

Help your children hold onto the magic of Christmas as long a you can. Unfortunately kids at school will eventually let the cat out of the bag. As for me, I'm at kid at heart! Santa lives on!yikes)

4. shea duane profile image60
    shea duaneposted 6 years ago

I told my son when he started asking very telling questions... He said, St. Nick was a saint... and other saints don't live forever... what makes you think Santa is still alive? I said, What do you think? He shook his head a few times, so I told him the truth. Later, he said, I'm over it. He's almost 13.

5. Jonesy0311 profile image59
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

Don't lie to them in the first place. Kids are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. Explain taht Santa is a symbol of giving and not a real person. It may also help to explain the actual origin of Christmas and why we celebrate the birth of Jesus several months after it (allegedly) actually took place. Christmas is basically a compendium of Pagan gods and traditions that were adopted in Rome so that pagans would more easily convert to Christianity. What is the sense in lying?

working