jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you teach your kids about Santa Claus?

1. jenbeach21 profile image77
    jenbeach21posted 5 years ago

Do you teach your kids about Santa Claus?

My mom always told us the real story behind Santa and we  grew up never believing in him. I never felt like I missed out on anything. Do you tell your kids the real story or do they believe in Santa?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I let my husband make the call on Santa. If I were raising my children alone they would not believe in a Santa. I respect my husband's wants and let him tell them there is a Santa.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Yep, I always played the Christmas game with my Kids, And when they got older I told them the real  legend behind Father Christmas, that he based on the Norse God, Odin.  That the red cloak, is the gore from a freshly flayed reindeer skin that the God Odin wore as he flew over his followers houses during the midwinter festival time, dropping gifts down their chimneys.

4. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

Our child knew who Santa was and we allowed him to visit him in the malls, etc., but we never stressed he was  real and visited us on Christmas Eve.  Our focus was on the nativity, Christ's birth and Christmas events in general.  I asked him if he thought he missed out on it and he told me he didn't feel that in any way.  He loves Christmas and all the hoopla around it.

5. Goody5 profile image68
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Santa Claus is a magical person who should be included in all children's lives when they are young.

6. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

We more or less hint at it and we make presents "magically" appear under the tree on xmas morning and stockings are filled, but I wouldn't say we beat the point home. But then again, we more or hint at the whole Jesus aspect of xmas as well. For us, it's more of a commercial holiday based on some old pagan traditions of Yule and the pretty Christian hymns sung by Johnny Mathis and so on. We even have a nativity scene and some Santa decor, but lights, wreaths, and trees are more our family tradtion.

working