jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Do you talk to your kids about 2012? What do you tell them? Do you worry they

1. advisor4qb profile image79
    advisor4qbposted 6 years ago

Do you talk to your kids about 2012?  What do you tell them?  Do you worry they will be anxious?

2. dagny roth profile image79
    dagny rothposted 6 years ago

Not specifically but we do spend a great deal of focus on leadership qualities as they will be the new leaders after the time of change.

3. iviskei profile image75
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

The child I nanny for doesn't think anything of it. I really don't think the world is going to end, but if it does we'll worry about it then. No sense in borrowing trouble before you've got it. Or we'll all be dead. lol! I'd rather the children continue living in bliss than worry themselves.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

You are writing about the Mayan prediction and not the election?  Anyway if my kids were small, I wouldn't say anything about it.  If it happens it happens, and if not, why worry kids....they worry about all kinds of things anway--why add to it?

5. advisor4qb profile image79
    advisor4qbposted 6 years ago

I am referring to the Mayan prophecy, particularly.  But mostly I am upset because my kids are hearing about this and FEMA death camps from their father.  There have been helicopters flying around here the last few days, and he told the kids it was time for martial law.  My oldest son seems to think that any day now, he will have to go with his father out of state to avoid problems here and hole up in the mountains.  He told me I was welcome to come!  Just what his 13 year old mind needs right now....MORE TO WORRY OVER!

6. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5878775_f260.jpg

I'm with duffsmom - more worried about the election than an astrological feature.
    The Milankovitch Cycle of 25,860 years and the Earth's precession is what that is all about : http://voices.yahoo.com/2012-maya-aztec … 52638.html

7. ~Christina profile image59
    ~Christinaposted 6 years ago

Why would we worry about 2012?  Just like today, we teach our kids that God is in control. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (jeremiah 29:11-13)

8. mandyf profile image65
    mandyfposted 6 years ago

We have discussed inbrief summary. I try to tell my kids to worry what you can fix today tomorrow has a new set if problems. I tell them to enjoy life for what it is and what it gives and what you give in return. Discussing 2012? well you cannot deal with that today and it only causes stress worrying what may or may not come.

9. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

no i don't other then to tell them not to listen to all the foolish people who believe this junk.

10. athena2011 profile image58
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I would certainly not discuss the Mayan theory with my son. I think it would raise unnecessary worry. Life is tough enough as it is without adding in extra things to be worried about. If it happens I believe it was meant to be. I don't want him worrying about it.

11. Hezmyjoy profile image60
    Hezmyjoyposted 6 years ago

One of my sons seems already chomping at the bit about the things that are going on in the world. I try to calm him by telling him things about our faith in God. To answer the question, current affairs aren't always a topic to discuss at my dinner table.

12. Adalie profile image56
    Adalieposted 6 years ago

I don't have any kids. Quite frankly, I don't think 2012 is going to end the world. I don't know if you remember when they said that the world was going to end in the year 2000? But nothing happened. We need to wait and see. If I had kids, I wouldn't bother telling them about the end of the world. If the end is coming, might as well enjoy our last days of life.

13. Cara.R profile image76
    Cara.Rposted 6 years ago

I have no kids but I can imagine. Their age would depend on what I would tell them. If they were aware of 2012  (preteen to teenager) I would help them research it. There is also a prediction that something wonderful might happen. I would discuss the history of predictions. I would give them all the knowledge they need to look at it from an educated perspective.  I think having that knowledge would rid anxiety.

working