jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How many hours do you spend with your kids daily?

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

How many hours do you spend with your kids daily?

How much of it is quality time?

2. meganlsmith3 profile image80
    meganlsmith3posted 6 years ago

As a stay at home mom, I am with them 24/7.  That being said, I think it is possible to be in the house with them and not really be spending time with them.  Obviously I have to clean, fix meals, clean some more.  But I make an effort to set aside time each day where I sit on the floor and just play with them, I turn off the TV, leave my phone in a different room, and close the computer.   They have my undivided attention.  I try to do this with each child individually, and with the 3 of them together.  Also, I have learned even when I am busy, when they say, "Mom watch this!" I pause for a minute and truely give the my attention.  I make eye contact and comment specifically on what they just did, as opposed to, "Cool."  I can tell by their expression that they feel special.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

My kids are grown now, but when they lived at home, I was lucky enough to be able to be home.  We spent hours playing Barbie, or watching movies (we were in North Dakota - winter is movie time!).  We had a lot of fun together, still do.  So I guess I spent all the hours they were home with them unless they had friends over or they spent the night at a friend's house.

It was all quality time.  I made a conscious effort to listen when they talked to me and not give them that universal "uh-huh" when they wanted to tell me things.  I'm sure I was not a perfect parent, but I am acutely aware that kids need to feel as if they are heard, so we did a lot of listening.

4. jacqui2011 profile image84
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I work full time, and am still able to spend around 5 hours a day with my daughter. At weekends, I am able to spend all day with her. I am hoping to be able to cut my hours in the new year to part time which will allow me to spend even more time with her. All the time I spend with her is one to one quality time.

5. mathira profile image83
    mathiraposted 6 years ago

I have only my daughter and since she is now grown up and working I give her space to do her own things. During weekends we invariably spend most of the time together and it is such a fun.