jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you ever ask your children what their greatest fears are?

1. aDayInMyLife1 profile image90
    aDayInMyLife1posted 6 years ago

Do you ever ask your children what their greatest fears are?

2. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 6 years ago

Yes. Dragons and Tigers at night. Funny thing is dragons and tigers are his best friends during the day! My oldest I haven't asked in a while. I will ask him this morning. It's an important question. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

3. jacqui2011 profile image82
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I have never asked my daughters, and it has prompted me to ask them tonight. It is a very good question and one that parents should be aware of. Children aren't great at coming forward and starting a discussion like this, so I will definitely ask them tonight. This is a very important and valid point you make.

4. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

There was a study conducted with new born babies. They were shown a picture of a big spider. Almost all the male babies didnt care and almost all the female babies were scared.

Wierd huh?

5. keithlipke profile image59
    keithlipkeposted 6 years ago

This is a really good question. If I had kids I would ask them this. Never really thought about this and its such an easy one...such a good way to start serious convo's with the kiddies. smile

6. aDayInMyLife1 profile image90
    aDayInMyLife1posted 6 years ago

When the answer is something innocent like spiders or monsters it's a good sign that things are ok... But when the answer is something more like: that you would drop me off and not come back, or that thar have to spend time alone with a certain person etc... More investigating needs to be done. Children can sometimes face life changing events. We always try our best to protect our children but sometimes our trust is misplaced; and our children can't be monitored by us 24/7. Keep communication open. Catch and prevent things early on.

working