jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you have a hard time saying "no" or do you stand up for what you believe in?

1. NessaMetharam profile image58
    NessaMetharamposted 6 years ago

Do you have a hard time saying "no" or do you stand up for what you believe in?

A lot of the people nowadays tend to just give in and do what they know is wrong 'cause of pressure and influence. Is it so hard to say 'no'? or are we just scared that saying "no" might actually kill our social life?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6082526_f260.jpg

2. Mindtrapz profile image59
    Mindtrapzposted 6 years ago

I dont have a hard time saying no and I don't have a hard time standing up for what I believe in. If you don't stand for nothing you will fall for anything.

3. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

No, I do not have a hard a hard time saying no or standing up for what I believe in.  As @Mindtrapz said, if you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.  I have seen the effects of someone who won't say no.  They are always taken advantage of by other people.

4. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 6 years ago

I have no problems in saying, no.  I think the problems are rooted in the absurd wave that is rolling through modern society that we mustn't upset anyone, so accede to demands to keep the peace..

5. Camila14 profile image59
    Camila14posted 6 years ago

If you'd don't stand up for what you believe in when it is threatened, you don't truly believe in it

6. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

I'm notorious for speaking up if there's an injustice, or something is wrong. It hasn't always made me popular at work or wherever, but, almost always I've been thanked later by someone who was afraid to speak up. And always, I've had the peace of mind from knowing I did the right thing.

7. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

Yes and Yes. I stand up for what I believe in, but also have a hard time saying no when it comes to helping others when they ask for help (when I know I should be looking after myself).

8. xethonxq profile image66
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I most certainly do not have a problem saying no...sometimes though, I have a problem saying it with a little tact. lol

9. Lady_E profile image75
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago
  10. jacqui2011 profile image81
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I always stand up for what I believe in and what I think is right. When it comes to saying NO to friends I find it really difficult as I don't want to let anyone down. The other week I ended up giving in to looking after a friends children for the weekend, even though I had plans myself which I ended up cancelling. I have to be stronger and say no occasionally.

11. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

In more recent times, I stand up bravely for what I believe, but I still have regrets about times in the past when I didn't.  The courage to stand up for convictions comes with maturity.

12. Eliminate Cancer profile image59
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

There are two parts to this question.  I don't personally have a problem saying 'no' to anything, but I do sometimes have difficulty taking action against someone else if I don't agree with them.  I have a feeling like everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but it seems like too many people try to impose their ideas on other people - if you don't speak up, your position gets lost.

working