jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are the Qualities That Make a Father a Good Father?

1. Shil1978 profile image94
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

What are the Qualities That Make a Father a Good Father?

2. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 6 years ago

I think a good father is stern but fare..Very present in the little things, a good communicator.

3. mathair profile image66
    mathairposted 6 years ago

A good father does not let the hang up's of his own upbringing interfere with his own parenting skills. He tries to spend individual quality time with each of his children treating them equally and fairly. A good father will support  the children's mother and ensure that they face the children as a team.  Look at the fatherheart of God, putting his children first, listening but not always saying yes, because sometimes a no is what is in the best interests of the child. Not being afraid to say sorry when he makes a mistake.

4. jenntyl99 profile image85
    jenntyl99posted 6 years ago

A good father is one who is involved in his childrens' lives, even if both parents are no longer married or together.  From experience, I have discovered that children do desire to have a father figure around and a father helps keep the balance.  Mother's are often the ones getting the daily rituals done, while fathers are the ones who get to play with their kids.  They teach them invaluable tools and encourage them.

5. roxanne459 profile image89
    roxanne459posted 6 years ago

A 'Good' Father gives his child time. It sounds simple but it is our most precious resource and often hard to come by. It doesn't matter how much money you spend or what you wear or what you drive. Your child just wants you. There is no greater gift than the undivided attention from their father. Listen to their stories and tell them some of yours. Join them in something they enjoy doing and introduce them to something you enjoy. When parents really get to know their kids and let their kids really know them... they will find amazing strength in themselves and eachother.

6. joseph flores21 profile image58
    joseph flores21posted 6 years ago

The quality that makes a father Good is how he handles and understands his wife and children's feelings. Men are born with low emotional quotient. If you are already a father, you should learn how to consider things. A father with a high-paid job from which he can buy all the needs and wants of his family is a Responsible one. Being good and being responsible is different (for Me). Being good is more on emotional side while being responsible is more on physical and intelligent side.

Believe me, you can earn more respect if you know how to put yourself in other's shoes.