jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are 3 basic rules you feel all children should obey?

1. YvetteParker profile image74
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

What are 3 basic rules you feel all children should obey?

2. Mekenzie profile image83
    Mekenzieposted 6 years ago

1.  I believe it is important to teach a child to be respectful of adults and their peers.  No screaming, sassiness or demanding of their own way.
    2. Teach a child to obey when you give them responsibility by following through and being consistent.  Add more responsibility, a bit at time, as they grow up.
    3. Teach a child to be polite, i.e. please, thank you, offering to take a guest's coat, answering when spoken to etc.

If these three character qualities are instilled in the child, when grown up, he/she will be happier, make good friends easily and be more successful in life.

3. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

1) be nice
    2) be safe
    3) accept the word "no"

4. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I had three basic rules when my kids were little:

1.   By all means feel free to express your emotions, but if you're talking to me or other adults I expect you to speak in a civil, respectful, way.

2.  If anyone (particularly adults) treat you in a way that you know isn't right tell me.

3.  Don't do anything that will hurt or harm anyone else, animals, and/or someone else's belongings/property (with the absolute most important part of that being not to hurt other living beings with feelings (like people and animals).  Kids aren't always capable of anticipating what activities may "harm" someone's belongings (for example, playing ball in the living room can seem like a good idea to a kid, until Grandma's vase gets broken).  Kids can very easily and readily understand, however, the kind of actions that will hurt another person or a pet (at least once they're past a year and a half old or so, or are at least capable of understanding language enough to understand the rule.

5. fordie profile image72
    fordieposted 6 years ago

We have evolved just three:

1. Good boys get a bonus
    2. Naughty boys get sent to the other room
    3. Cheeky boys get tickled

Covers most scenarios

PS. No sexist overtone. We just happen to have only 2 boys

6. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Sit down, shut up, and do as you're told.

7. YvetteParker profile image74
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

I'm shaking my head, Fordie!(lol) MickS are you my mother?(lol) Mekenzie, Lisa, and Xethonxq I agree instilling good character is a biggie and a must. Thank you all so much for sharing your thoughts on this question.