jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are Effective Ways for Resolving or Avoiding Parental Conflicts regarding t

1. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

What are Effective Ways for Resolving or Avoiding Parental Conflicts regarding their Children?

2. profile image0
    Fatigmonposted 6 years ago

I have 4 children, 7 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren.  One would think that people like me would have the ultimate answer to this to question, but I'm here to tell you that we do not.  I will however give an opinion.  First, know the mutually agreed upon ground rules going in.  Never, ever allow your children to notice a conflict regarding themselves.  At the outset, during, and ending the conflict, both parents must be what they are meant to be, and that is ONE in body, mind, and spirit.

3. elayne001 profile image73
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

Parenting is a tricky business because each child is so different. But being a concerned and loving parent goes a long way. It is hard to understand what children are going through in these trying times, so we must be patient and try to "get" where they are coming from (school, friends, etc.) before reacting. I wrote a hub with some suggestions:

http://elayne001.hubpages.com/hub/How-t … h-Children

4. Pamela99 profile image87
    Pamela99posted 6 years ago

Parents certainly don't always agree on methods of raising or disciplining their children. Some ground rules should really be discussed before a couple even has a child. Parents need to back each other up, and if one parent gives a child a punishment that the other doesn't agree with, then I feel they should talk about it out of the presence of the child. Children will grow up feeling more secure when boundaries are set in place and they should not be able to play one parent against the other. For instance, a child should not be allowed a privilege when one parent is at work that they are not allowed when the other parent returns. A united front also helps the child feel secure. Raising children is tough for all of us, but if you can work as a team and listen to each others concerns with an open mind, it will help the whole family.

5. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

Be consistent and firm, but also your requests have to be reasonable and meaningful. Be always true to yourself and to your children...after a long life work with children of different ages and different abilities, I have found out that they will only respect you and your decisions if you are as honest and truthful as you can be...